– Tech is the future, and we are introducing computer science through infrastructure and education in the villages of Haliyal, Uttara Kannada District, Karnataka
– e-Shiksha Centers will bring computer science knowledge such as coding, physical computing, problem-solving to the girl children of the villages of Haliyal
– Learning Facilitators will also transform into tech teachers
The pandemic has taught us the importance of technology when it comes to education.
» Read more about: E-Shiksha Digital Education Project »
• Village neighbourhood learning spaces
• Young women from the community are selected and trained as Learning Facilitators for the Shikshas
• Nurtures all round development through academics, sports ,arts and nutritious snack
• Benefits more than 1000 children in 37 Shikshas across 26 villages
The CherYsh Shiksha- After School Learning Centres target all-round development of children through quality support to their learning needs. The goal of the CherYsh Shikshas is to encourage village neighbourhood learning spaces: the home of a community member,
» Read more about: CherYsh Shiksha – After School Learning Centres »
Sequence of trainings by Meghshala Foundation on the use of digital modules and teaching methods
Learning Facilitators were taught the use of the Meghshala App on tablets
Using fun active group activities to encourage learning
Creating a positive environment for the students to learn in
Understanding the capacities of the students and enabling steady learning
To start the academic year, a sequence of training session for our Learning Facilitators were
held in partnership with The Meghshala Foundation.
» Read more about: Learning Facilitator Training »
• Young qualified women from the community are selected and trained as Learning Facilitators for the Shikshas
• Intense programme with pedagogy, technology and subject coaching sessions every week
• 37 young women have transformed into confident educators with regular income
The CherYsh Shiksha learning programme leverages another significant programme to develop local-based Learning Facilitators. Young qualified women from the community are selected and trained as Learning Facilitators for the Shikshas.
» Read more about: Learning Facilitators: The backbone of Shiksha programme »
• CherYsh-Meghshala Trust partnership for content and monitoring
• Technology interface via tablets
• Modules are in line with national curriculum followed in government schools
CherYsh has joined hands with Meghshala Trust with the objective of enhancing teaching quality at the Shikshas. The app based learning modules designed by Meghshala are in line with the national curriculum followed at the government Schools. The curriculum is split into easy-to-learn units with lots of activities and is made available on the cloud.
» Read more about: App based learning methodology in Shikshas: A CherYsh – Meghshala Partnership »
• Promotes all round development
• Workshops in every village
• Enhances creativity and confidence
All round development of children is the core of CherYsh Shiksha programme. With this objective a host of activity workshops is conducted in the Shikshas.
Mr. Siddappa Biradar, an expert in extracurricular methods of education, anchors the programme which is named “Samarthya Belesuva Karyakrama CherYsh Makkaligagi” (Personality Development Programme for CherYsh children). Led by Mr.Biradar,
» Read more about: Creative Skills workshops for all round development »
• Each Learning Facilitator has a tablet
• Digitised learning modules and attendance tracking system
• IT trainings to upgrade the tech skills of learning Facilitators
Technology is used extensively to make learning more efficient in the Shikshas. Each Learning Facilitator is equipped with a tech device (Tablet) in which digitised learning modules are made available. Facilitators use the tablet to aid teaching with audio visual content and thereby make learning easy and interesting.
» Read more about: Digitisation at CherYsh Shikshas »
RITE is a volunteer programme, implemented in collaboration with KLE Tech University, Hubballi. Engineering students from the University engage with the children in the villages of Haliyal through the programme. More than sixty college students have participated in the RITE programme during so far.
» Read more about: Rural Innovation Through Education (RITE) Volunteer programme »
Five girls from Haliyal are supported by CherYsh with donor sponsorships to pursue their college education and football coaching at St. Aloysius College , Mangalore. The football champions are consistently performing well in various University tournaments bringing laurels to their college and community.
» Read more about: Scholarships for football champions »
CherYsh provides financial assistance to deserving students from economically poor backgrounds. The scholarships are provided from Saldanha family grant which is ear marked for the purpose.
» Read more about: Scholarship for Nursing students »