• A centre for women to use their handicraft skills as a means to livelihood
• Training, seed funding and marketing assistance are provided
• The enterprise works under the ambit of SHG.
The women in Haliyal have several skills which includes specialised hand embroidery, crochet and quilting among several other handicrafts. Many of these skills are handed down from elders while some are acquired by women during their life’s journey.
» Read more about: Karakushala Kendras in the villages of Haliyal »
• Agro – allied livelihood group managed entirely women
• Enterprise is developed in partnership with EID Parry
• Women are assisted with training, seed funding and expert advice
• Pilot venture gets successful feed back
The sugar cane bud nursery in Mundwad is the first step towards setting up agro- allied livelihood groups in Haliyal. Haliyal being part of sugarcane cultivation belt, offers bright opportunity to women to earn regular income from growing and selling sugarcane buds.
» Read more about: Sugarcane Bud Nursery »
• Young qualified women from the community are selected and trained as Learning Facilitators for the Shikshas
• Intense programme with pedagogy, technology and subject coaching sessions every week
• 37 young women have transformed into confident educators with regular income
The CherYsh Shiksha learning programme leverages another significant programme to develop local-based Learning Facilitators. Young qualified women from the community are selected and trained as Learning Facilitators for the Shikshas.
» Read more about: Learning Facilitators: The backbone of Shiksha programme »
• CherYsh-Meghshala Trust partnership for content and monitoring
• Technology interface via tablets
• Modules are in line with national curriculum followed in government schools
CherYsh has joined hands with Meghshala Trust with the objective of enhancing teaching quality at the Shikshas. The app based learning modules designed by Meghshala are in line with the national curriculum followed at the government Schools. The curriculum is split into easy-to-learn units with lots of activities and is made available on the cloud.
» Read more about: App based learning methodology in Shikshas: A CherYsh – Meghshala Partnership »
• Promotes all round development
• Workshops in every village
• Enhances creativity and confidence
All round development of children is the core of CherYsh Shiksha programme. With this objective a host of activity workshops is conducted in the Shikshas.
Mr. Siddappa Biradar, an expert in extracurricular methods of education, anchors the programme which is named “Samarthya Belesuva Karyakrama CherYsh Makkaligagi” (Personality Development Programme for CherYsh children). Led by Mr.Biradar,
» Read more about: Creative Skills workshops for all round development »
• Each Learning Facilitator has a tablet
• Digitised learning modules and attendance tracking system
• IT trainings to upgrade the tech skills of learning Facilitators
Technology is used extensively to make learning more efficient in the Shikshas. Each Learning Facilitator is equipped with a tech device (Tablet) in which digitised learning modules are made available. Facilitators use the tablet to aid teaching with audio visual content and thereby make learning easy and interesting.
» Read more about: Digitisation at CherYsh Shikshas »
RITE is a volunteer programme, implemented in collaboration with KLE Tech University, Hubballi. Engineering students from the University engage with the children in the villages of Haliyal through the programme. More than sixty college students have participated in the RITE programme during so far.
» Read more about: Rural Innovation Through Education (RITE) Volunteer programme »
Five girls from Haliyal are supported by CherYsh with donor sponsorships to pursue their college education and football coaching at St. Aloysius College , Mangalore. The football champions are consistently performing well in various University tournaments bringing laurels to their college and community.
» Read more about: Scholarships for football champions »
CherYsh provides financial assistance to deserving students from economically poor backgrounds. The scholarships are provided from Saldanha family grant which is ear marked for the purpose.
» Read more about: Scholarship for Nursing students »