Srishti For CherYsh
We at Srishti have organized a charity event to showcase our exclusive Heritage Jewellery Collection, for which we will donate a part of all sales to CherYsh’s efforts towards empowering women in rural Karnataka.
Please join us on Sunday,3rd February, between 11am & 7pm at our boutique store on 100 ft Road, Indiranagar, to help us support this worthy cause.
• A centre for women to use their handicraft skills as a means to livelihood
• Training, seed funding and marketing assistance are provided
• The enterprise works under the ambit of SHG.
The women in Haliyal have several skills which includes specialised hand embroidery, crochet and quilting among several other handicrafts. Many of these skills are handed down from elders while some are acquired by women during their life’s journey.
• Agro – allied livelihood group managed entirely women
• Enterprise is developed in partnership with EID Parry
• Women are assisted with training, seed funding and expert advice
• Pilot venture gets successful feed back
The sugar cane bud nursery in Mundwad is the first step towards setting up agro- allied livelihood groups in Haliyal. Haliyal being part of sugarcane cultivation belt, offers bright opportunity to women to earn regular income from growing and selling sugarcane buds.
• Village neighbourhood learning spaces
• Young women from the community are selected and trained as Learning Facilitators for the Shikshas
• Nurtures all round development through academics, sports ,arts and nutritious snack
• Benefits more than 1000 children in 37 Shikshas across 26 villages
The CherYsh Shiksha- After School Learning Centres target all-round development of children through quality support to their learning needs. The goal of the CherYsh Shikshas is to encourage village neighbourhood learning spaces: the home of a community member,